GUMBO AND GOOD TIMES
Do you make the best gumbo in Florida? Then join us in Windermere for the 6th annual Gumbopalooza and pit your flavors against past winners and future hopefuls to see who take home the trophies this year!
Bring your friends, family and coworkers to The Pines in Windermere on November 19th for what is always a memorable charity event.
Don’t forget: Signing up to compete in the 6th Annual Gumbopalooza Cook-off Contest is absolutely FREE!
Each team is allowed 4 official members. At check in, these four competitors will receive free event gifts along with official Gumbopalooza 2016 t-shirts!
All money raised helps Give Kids the World in their mission to create amazing memories for deserving families. Who knew gumbo and having fun could do so much good!
GIVE KIDS THE WORLD VILLAGE
Give Kids The World Village is a 79-acre, nonprofit “storybook” resort in Central Florida. Children with life-threatening illnesses and their families are treated to weeklong, cost-free vacations, complete with accommodations, donated attraction tickets, meals and more. Since 1986, Give Kids The World Village has welcomed more than 170,000 families.
GumboPalooza was created out of a desire to support the Village’s weekly fishing clinics including bait, poles, bobbers, and more. GumboPalooza has quickly turned into a larger cause that benefits not only the fishing program but weekly Village operations for thousands of families each year.
This extraordinary, life-changing experience is Give Kids The World’s gift, made possible only through the generosity of dedicated corporations, countless individuals, and events that allow the Village to continue creating the happiness that inspires hope.
If you would like more information regarding the work of Give Kids The World, visit us at www.GiveKidsTheWorld.org or contact Monai Rooney at MonaiR@gktw.org.
TEAM ENTRY RULES AND AGREEMENT
1) Your application must be completed online at: www.gumbopalooza.org/team-entry/
2) By submitting the online Gumbopalooza Team Application, you do hereby acknowledge that you have read and that you and all the team’s attendees agree to be bound by the terms, rules and agreements set forth hereunder.
3) Failure to comply with these rules could result in denial of a team’s application or expulsion from the event.
4) Once a team’s application is complete and accepted by Gumbopalooza, their tent space will be assigned. Spaces are assigned on a first come, first served basis with no guarantee on location.
5) Gumbopalooza reserves the right to alter the floor plan of the event without notice prior to the start of the event.
6) Teams can begin setting up their spaces at 9:00am on Saturday, November 19, 2016, with all cooking set to commence at 10:30am.
7) Tasting by attendees and judges will begin on or about 1:00pm and will end at or about 4:30pm. Any changes to the start time will be announced via the public address system.
8) Teams are responsible for and will remove or properly dispose of all garbage, food waste and personal items from their assigned spaces.
9) Assigned team spaces should start being dismantled no earlier that 4:30pm and clear by 6:00pm.
10) Gumbopalooza will be held rain or shine!
COOKING COMPENTITION RULES AAND GUIDLINES
Each team can have up to 4 official members
That team must work together to make 5 gallons of finished gumbo
Advanced preparation is allowed only for the making of roux, chopping vegetables, cleaning of seafood, and par cooking of protein. All other cooking and assembly must be done on-site during the competition
Teams are responsible for bringing all their own cooking materials, tents and chairs
Each team must be aware of and practice proper safe food handling procedures
Fire extinguishers are provided for each team and must be staged in the cooking area
Set-up begins at 9:00am
Gumbo cooking starts at 10:30am
Tasting commences at 1:00pm
Tasting ends at 4:30pm